The position will initially report to the Ford Mobility Accounting Manager. As the enterprise develops, the position will be transferred to report to the CFO, Electriphi, and have dotted line reporting to Ford Accounting organization.
Role & Key Duties
The Accounting Operations Lead will have responsibility for all accounting matters for Electriphi including:
- Stand up from ground zero Electriphi and Ford Pro depot charging business operations accounting and accounting process strategy while ensuring compliance with Ford Internal Control requirements
- Selection, configuration, and launch of Electriphi financial reporting systems
- GAAP/IFRS financial reporting
- Coordinating reporting required for local, state, and federal tax and regulatory filings
- Policy issue identification and solution implementation
- Preparing and providing monthly trial balances to Ford Motor Company
- Electriphi legal entity setup
- The Accounting Operations Lead will work closely with the Electriphi and Ford Pro operating teams to ensure alignment between the operating and financial reporting processes necessary to launch and grow a successful, end-to-end depot charging solution.
The Accounting Operations Lead will work closely with the Electriphi and Ford Pro operating teams to ensure alignment between the operating and financial reporting processes necessary to launch and grow a successful, end-to-end depot charging solution.
- Develop the financial reporting support plan necessary to begin Electriphi business operations. Implement and prioritize the plan based on go to market timelines.
- Transition financial reporting processes from current state to optimized systems and processes as functional development of the operating model is defined and third-party needs analysis is completed.
- Operationalize accounting processes needed to support the Electriphi business. This includes posting journal entries, performing account reconciliations, establishing operating review processes and metrics, and integrating with business operations teams to ensure emerging processes are being properly accounted for in the general ledger.
- Lead/support establishment of proper financial controls and process documentation for Electriphi by working with Internal Control to develop and implement the first phase of a control framework and monitoring process.
- Identify and engage external functional support needed to deliver the Electriphi financial reporting and internal control framework to parent expectations.
- Strong accounting background
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well within and across multiple functions
- Adaptability and creativity – small team setting up a new business
- Experience with internal control and S-OX testing
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong planning and process development capabilities
- Exposure to a variety of operational accounting functions, including SaaS or startup experience
- Certified Public Accountant with minimum of five years of public accounting and / or public company experience
- Big 4 audit experience / high level of competence and proficiency in U.S. GAAP / FASB / SEC / financial reporting