The Charging Strategy Manager will support the Ford Pro Charging team’s efforts to help customers electrify their fleets with seamlessly integrated vehicle and charging solutions. We have a current strategy for entering the home, public and depot market with our Commercial customers. But as this space is nascent and constantly changing, we need our team to stay in touch with market movements, competitive actions and development of our longer-term North Star. This role will lead initiatives to drive strategic planning, evaluating new control points & new product ideas, monitoring the evolution of the competitive landscape, including technology and infrastructure trends.
What You’ll Be Able To Do
- Monitor the Fleet/ Commercial Charging competitive environment – Home, Public and Depot
- Evaluate market offerings, understand how our Ford Pro Offering compares competitively
- Work closely with internal stakeholders / external partners to identify new business models to drive growth
- Develop the longer-term North Star, for sustainable differentiation of Ford Pro Charging
- Frame and drive key strategic choices
- Track the key metrics and performance for the business to identify potential areas of concern, competitive advantage and opportunities
- Support development of presentations, workshops and key strategic discussions at the Ford Pro Charging, Ford Pro and Ford Board of Directors level
- Combine excellent problem-solving and analysis skills, and strong business judgment –to translate strategic plans into executable actions
- Help shape our current and future partnership, identifying new and continuing opportunities
The Minimum Requirements We Seek
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience at consulting firm in Strategic Planning
Our Preferred Requirements
- Masters/MBA in Business, Strategy,
- Interest/ experience in the Electric Vehicle, Electrification, Infrastructure or Utilities space
- Self-starter with the ability to take responsibility for key assignments with minimal supervision and deal with ambiguity and shifting priorities
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage complex projects
- Strong analytical and data skills – to analyze competitive and internal data
- Comfortable in highly ambiguous environments – enjoys making sense of white space
- Demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Ability to present complex problems and recommendations
- Good listening skills – ability to take inputs, seek out & incorporate diverse perspectives
- Willingness to pitch in and help the team get things done, lead as required
- Ability to build relationships with Team Leaders and build a collaborative team culture
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Ability to collaborate in a diverse, cross-functional environment
What You’ll Receive In Return
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-LL6-sal-plan-1.pdf