Electric and commercial vehicles are two key areas of growth under the Ford+ plan. The Ford Pro team is at the intersection of these strategic pillars as Ford becomes the first full-line automaker to launch a commercial-focused electric van and truck combo: the E-Transit and F-150 Lightning Pro. Your primary role is to create and manage a portfolio of reliable, cost-effective, purpose-built, and scalable Ford Pro AC and DC electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE) and energy storage solutions for application at the business locations of Ford Pro’s fleet customers (Depots and Terminals). You will be working with a dynamic and creative team who sets a high bar for innovation and success in a fast-paced and changing environment. We’re looking for a Rockstar who is excited to drive for leadership in EVSE deployments across every fleet size, from small businesses to large, across the US and Canada. You will need a proactive approach to partner interactions, and an eagerness to win in the marketplace. Experience in electric vehicles, EVSE products designs and charging infrastructure are highly desired. Our ideal candidate brings an awesome combination of technical/product sense, business acumen, emotional IQ, willingness to continuously learn and most importantly a customer-obsessed mindset!
What You’ll Be Able To Do
- Leading and partnering with a cross-functional team to develop EVSE and energy storage product strategy and roadmap, product specifications and sourcing agreements with suppliers.
- Define product roadmap, product portfolio and feature requirements both from a strategic and tactical perspective, weighing against features, cost, schedules and quality
- Assist engineering teams in identifying technology and manufacturing partners
- Develop a holistic view of the customer experience across hardware, software and cloud services with the aim of delivering a seamless product experience
- Balance customer needs against business objectives to deliver products that delight customers while driving outstanding business value
- Work with vehicle engineering teams to ensure interoperability between our EVSE products and Ford Pro’s commercial vehicles, along with key competitor vehicles in our customers’ fleets and to ensure the long-term durability, reliability, and serviceability of Ford Pro’s EVSE.
- Coordinate and work with the powertrain, electrification, and software and services teams to ensure seamless integration across products and platforms
- Provide comprehensive and consistent communication to customers, partners, and stakeholders
- Work closely with purchasing, product and engineering teams to communicate customer and partner needs, pain points and feedback
- Develop and contribute Ford Pro positions to standards bodies supporting ongoing development of standards pertaining to EVSE and E-mobility including but not limited to OCA, ISO, SAE, CharIN and OpenADR.
The Minimum Requirements We Seek
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science
- 5+ years of experience with Product or Project Management in the automotive, EVSE and/or power electronics industry.
- 3+ years direct experience delivering hardware products from concept to volume shipment and hands-on experience working with cross functional teams
Our Preferred Requirements
- Firm grasp of hardware, software and services and how they integrate together to deliver a seamless customer experience
- Knowledge base in charging hardware, including energy storage
- Strong interest in electrification, energy, and sustainable mobility
- Strong technological understanding of charging technologies, communications protocols, and networks
- Knowledge of standards pertaining to EVSE and E-mobility including but not limited to OCA, ISO, SAE, CharIN and OpenADR.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and adapt style to rapid organizational and platform change
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a remote work environment
- Experience developing forward looking product strategies from voice-of-the-customer insights and industry benchmarking, including comprehensive capabilities assessments.
- Strong organizational skills, including coordinating teams, and managing and tracking requirements
- Ability to communicate clearly across functions and at all layers of management
- Self-starter who delivers on-time results with high quality and works well in teams
- Ability to come up to speed quickly where there are gaps in knowledge or experience
- Ability to establish a systems approach to solving problems
- Optimistic and positive, meeting challenges with a ‘what can be done’ attitude, and not being discouraged by push back or process/system constraints
- Willingness to champion new processes and agile development with a customer-focus
- A strong customer service orientation and the ability to form long-term partner and customer relationships
What You’ll Receive In Return
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-LL6-sal-plan-1.pdf