Electric and commercial vehicles are two key areas of growth under the Ford+ plan. The Ford Pro team is at the intersection of these strategic pillars as Ford becomes the first full-line automaker to launch a commercial-focused electric van and truck combo: the E-Transit and F-150 Lightning Pro. Your primary role is to create a network of partnerships with US and Canada utilities for with a focus on commercial EV fleets. You will develop strategies to engage with utilities as it relates to a holistic solution for commercial EV fleet deployments form planning, deployment to operations to support the deployment of Ford Pro AC & DC electric vehicle supply equipment (EVSE). You will also design programs and services that to locate and claim infrastructure incentives across utility and government programs. You will be working with a dynamic and creative team who sets a high bar for innovation and success in a fast-paced and changing environment. We’re looking for a rockstar who is excited to drive for leadership in EVSE deployments in partnership with utilities across every fleet size, from small businesses to large, across the US and Canada. You will need a proactive approach to partner interactions, and an eagerness to win in the marketplace. Experience in electric vehicles, commercial fleets, charging and utility infrastructure, distributed energy resources, solar PV, and energy storage are highly desired. Our ideal candidate brings an awesome combination of technical/product sense, business acumen, emotional IQ, willingness to continuously learn and most importantly a customer-obsessed mindset!
What You’ll Be Able To Do
- Forming and leading a cross-functional team to develop product strategies and roadmaps.
- Develop a comprehensive plan to target utility partners across the US, with a focus on providing a joint solution to our mutual customers.
- Engage with utilities to develop and implement programs to expand access to smart charging infrastructure with a focus on depot, public and home charging solutions for EV fleets.
- Lead Ford Pro’s business development with utilities and third-party vendors creating integrated make-ready service and incentives repositories for Ford Pro’s fleet customers.
- Lead Ford Pro’s efforts to create a dynamic knowledge set for infrastructure incentives with tailored reporting for our customers
- Integrate utility make-ready services with our Depot/Terminal charging installation construction services and our financing product.
- Provide comprehensive and consistent communication to customers, partners, and stakeholders
- Work closely with purchasing, other Ford Pro teams to communicate customer and partner needs, pain points and feedback
- Contribute Ford Pro positions to legislative bodies to support ongoing development infrastructure programs
The Minimum Requirements We Seek
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Business
- 3+ years of experience in engaging with utilities and building partnerships across programs, marketing and joint customer development strategies
- 3+ years of experience with utility infrastructure, distributed energy resources on the grid including electric vehicles, solar PV, and/or energy storage
Our preferred requirements:
- Strong technological understanding of utilities, regulatory environment, energy markets, incentives, construction services and programs; both in the US and Canada
- Understanding of energy markets in key regions and activities such as demand response, ancillary services etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and adapt style to rapid organizational and platform change
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a remote work environment
- Experience developing forward-looking product strategies from voice-of-the-customer insights and industry benchmarking, including comprehensive capabilities assessments
- Strong organizational skills, including coordinating teams, and managing and tracking requirements
- Ability to communicate clearly across functions and at all layers of management
- Self-starter who delivers on-time results with high quality and works well in teams
- Ability to come up to speed quickly where there are gaps in knowledge or experience
- Ability to establish a systems approach to solving problems
- Optimistic and positive, meeting challenges with a ‘what can be done’ attitude, and not being discouraged by push back or process/system constraints
- Willingness to champion new processes and agile development with a customer-focus
- A strong customer service orientation and the ability to form long-term partner and customer relationships
What You’ll Receive In Return
As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
For information on Ford's salary and benefits, please visit: https://corporate.ford.com/content/dam/corporate/us/en-us/documents/careers/2021-benefits-and-comp-LL6-sal-plan-1.pdf